Hong Kong Dance Company
Head of Programme and Education (節目及教育主管)
Established in 1981, the Hong Kong Dance Company (HKDC) was incorporated in 2001 as a charitable and non-profit-making institution, and is financially supported by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. As one of the major performing arts companies in Hong Kong, our mission is to promote Chinese dance with contemporary artistic visions and Hong Kong character. HKDC is now looking for Head of Programme and Education (節目及教育主管).
Reporting to Executive Director, the responsibility includes :
- Acting as the senior management as well as a team leader, to plan, coordinate, direct and supervisor the works of subordinates;
- Assisting the Executive Director and the Artistic Director in the planning of the Company's programmes and activities at strategic level (both local and overseas);
- Assisting the Executive Director and the Artistic Director in the planning and coordinating of the Company's outreach and education activities;
- Contacting, liaising and negotiating the terms of contract relating to Company's productions, including guest choreographers, directors, artists, designers, copyright agents, etc;
- Coordinating all matters relating to the preparation and staging of Company's productions (both local and overseas);
- Controlling the budget for individual productions and to monitor progress of the Company's year-round productions with special attention to the procedures of procurement of goods and services;
- Working closely with the Production Manager in handling technical requirements, production budget control and the selection of contractors, service providers, etc.
- Managing and overseeing dancers' daily discipline.
- Controlling the budget and to supervise the progress of the Company's year-round outreach and education activities as well as training programs.
- Assisting in the promotion of the image of the Company and to represent the Company to attend meetings and public relations activities, liaise with the community, educational institutes and the media.
- Performing any other duties from time to time as reasonably assigned by the Executive Director.
- Possess a recognised university degree or above, preferably in Performing Arts, Cultural Management, Stage Management or related disciplines;
- Have at least 8 years of solid experience in production / performing arts management, with minimum 3-year experience gained from senior positions, preferably from performing arts, event management, entertainment or related field;
- Have professional knowledge of and practical experience with production / performing arts management; proven experience in education and community arts will be an advantage;
- Be able to multi-task and work under high pressure;
- Have strong interpersonal skills to communicate with internal and external parties at all levels, a good team leader and team player;
- Have an interest in performing arts and latest art trends and technologies;
- Be detail-oriented and have good time management skills;
- Have excellent language skills in written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin;
- Be willing to work irregular hours and on weekends / public holiday.
Salary and Benefits :
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. Fringe benefits include rest days, annual leave, medical insurance and MPF.
Closing Date : 10 April 2023
Interested parties please submit your application with detailed CV, current salary and expected salary to email@example.com or by post to the Finance and Administration Manager, 4/F Hong Kong Dance Company, Sheung Wan Municipal Services Building, 345 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. The review of applications will continue until post is filled.
All resumes and relevant information will be used strictly for recruitment purposes and will not be disclosed.
Enquiries : 3103 1888
Website : http://www.hkdance.com