Director of Operations
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty!
Our client Oxfam Hong Kong, is an independent international development and humanitarian non-profit organization working to alleviate poverty and related injustice. Envisioning a world free of poverty where women and men enjoy well-being and rights, they work with partner organizations on development, humanitarian, policy advocacy, public education, and international development programmes with a strong focus in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Oxfam Hong Kong, a member of the international confederation Oxfam, currently seeks a Director of Operations and a Director of Fundraising to support this endeavor.
- Responsible for the overall operations and management of Finance, Human Resources and Administration and IT teams
- Ensure good fiscal management, management of fiduciary & financial risks; compliance with financial standards at the Hong Kong headquarters & other offices; review of procedures and introduction of financial systems; drafting of financial reports to the Council, Government and Oxfam International
- Develop & implement HR strategies across the Hong Kong headquarters and the offices on the Mainland and in Macau and Taiwan
- Manage the long-term IT plans, priorities, and resources to support the whole organization
- Participate in Oxfam International exchanges on finance & human resources coordination, standards and best practices
- A qualified accountant with recognized professional accountancy qualifications and a recognized degree in finance or accounting
- Over 15 years of working experience in finance and administration, of which at least 8 years at a managerial level
- Experience in planning, budgeting & evaluating administration systems / activities; setting of policies & procedures for better information and work systems flow
- Proven track record in leading, motivating & supporting a team of line-managers & front-line workers
- Excellent command of both English and Chinese (Cantonese & Putonghua)
Both position are based in Hong Kong with local employment terms.
Please submit your CV to Mr. Jack Hui at email@example.com , quoting reference OHK-DFO/JH or you can call +852 3106 2837 for more information. The closing date for application is 6 January 2019.
All Oxfam work is led by three core values : Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please visit https://www.oxfam.org/en/explore/how-oxfam-fights-poverty . Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Data collected will be used for job application processing only.