Senior Sport Dietitian
The Hong Kong Sports Institute Limited ("HKSI") is the Government's delivery agent of elite sports training systems. The HKSI's mission is to provide an environment in which sports talent can be identified, nurtured and developed to pursue excellence in the international sporting arena benchmarked at Major Games results. We are now inviting suitable candidates for the above vacancy.
The Job :
Reporting to the Sport Nutrition and Monitoring Manager, the Senior Sport Dietician will be responsible for the following duties -
- To coordinate nutrition and biochemical testing and formulate testing assessments;
- To provide training monitoring on biochemical response of athletes;
- To provide local and overseas on-field support to sports teams;
- To provide data interpretation, and report writing and timely feedback to coaches;
- To analyse and make recommendations to the athlete's food provision;
- To supervise operation of the laboratory including maintenance of equipment and control of supplements and consumables;
- To lead research projects;
- To lead in new project and research planning; and
- To supervise junior staff; and
- To perform any other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Requirements :
- A master or higher degree in sport dietetics or other related discipline;
- A minimum qualification of International Society for the advancement of Kinanthropometry (ISAK) Level One;
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant experience working with athletes in an elite setting;
- Proven research experience in the field of sports dietetics;
- Proven experience in leading and supervising a team;
- Proficient in the use of SPSS and nutrition analysis software such as food processor;
- Excellent interpersonal and planning skills;
- Be able to work irregular hours and perform under pressure; and
- Have a good command of both English and Chinese. The ability to speak Putonghua is a definite advantage.
- Awareness / knowledge of Child Protection in sport and equal opportunity issues in the context of Hong Kong are an added advantage.
* Applicants who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply. Their applications are being considered accordingly.
Please send the completed Application Form : https://www.hksi.org.hk/f/content_block/5310/Application%20Form_Oct%202020.doc with indication of expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, Hong Kong Sports Institute Ltd, 25 Yuen Wo Road, Sha Tin, New Territories or email email@example.com on or before 20 June 2021. Please quote reference no. HKSI-20210607-SSD(SNM) in the application.
Appointment will be on a fixed term contract. General information is available at the website http://www.hksi.org.hk
Applicants who are not invited for interview within six months may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal Data provided by appointees will be used strictly for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.
THE HKSI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER