Deputy Head (Projects)
The Board of Management of the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries (BMCPC) is an independent statutory body under the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries Ordinance (Cap. 1112). BMCPC provides different kinds of burial lot, niche and ash scattering services on a non-profit making basis for persons of the Chinese race permanently resident in Hong Kong and their relatives, and is responsible for the administration, management, maintenance and development of its four Chinese permanent cemeteries which are located at Aberdeen, Tsuen Wan, Chai Wan and Junk Bay. BMCPC may donate its surplus to any charity operating for the benefit of the community of Hong Kong.
Salary ranges from $46,420 to $70,090 (exclusive of gratuity). The offer will commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and working experience.
Major Responsibilities :
The appointee will be deployed to undertake various duties, including -
- Assisting the supervisor to implement the capital and maintenance projects from inception to completion;
- Handling written communications and liaising with the professional consultants and Government departments on capital and maintenance projects;
- Drafting papers, agenda and minutes for the Works and Development Committee;
- Checking and commenting on consultant's deliverables such as study reports, designs, programme and tender document etc.;
- Conducting periodic site investigations and inspections;
- Handling payments, claims, contractual matters and final accounts in related to capital and maintenance projects; and
- Responsible for the appointment of project consultants, project contractors, term consultants and term contractors.
- Member of a professional institution in Architecture / Engineering / Surveying, or equivalent recognized by the Government of HKSAR.
- At least 1 year's post-qualification experience.
- Solid experience and considerable knowledge in civil, buildings and maintenance contracts administration; contract procurement and tendering procedures for appointment of professional consultants and works contractors; project management and supervisions on capital and maintenance works; liaison with government departments, professional consultants and works contractors.
- Received safety training recognized by the Commissioner for Labour and hold a valid Green Card or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a government/quasi-government / public organization preferred.
Terms of Appointment :
- The successful applicant will initially be offered a 1-year contract, after which a contract of a longer term may be considered.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the full contract period with consistently high standard of performance, the appointee will be granted a gratuity for the period of service. Such gratuity, plus any contribution by the Employer to the MPF scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Scheme Ordinance, will be equal to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
Application Method :
- Application should be made by completing the BMCPC Job Application Form available from BMCPC's website http://bmcpc.org.hk/tc/about/career/index.html
- It should be forwarded together with a detailed resume either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Human Resources Unit, The Board of Management of the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries, 34/F, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
- The position applied for should be stated on the envelope or at the subject title of the email. Applications without a completed BMCPC Job Application Form may not be considered.
- The Deadline for application is 22 December 2018.