The Board of Management of the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries (BMCPC) is an independent statutory body under the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries Ordinance (Cap. 1112). BMCPC provides different kinds of burial lot, niche and ash scattering services on a non-profit making basis for persons of the Chinese race permanently resident in Hong Kong and their relatives, and is responsible for the administration, management, maintenance and development of its four Chinese permanent cemeteries which are located at Aberdeen, Tsuen Wan, Chai Wan and Junk Bay. BMCPC may donate its surplus to any charity operating for the benefit of the community of Hong Kong.
Salary ranges from $21,585 to $25,790 (exclusive of gratuity). The offer will commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and working experience.
Major Responsibilities :
The appointee will be deployed to undertake various duties, including -
- handling works orders, inspection of works, site measurement of works, completion records and payments etc. for Term Maintenance Contract and Term Grave Digging Contract;
- assisting the supervisor to implement proactive / preventive maintenance works;
- site co-ordination with Operation Team and Works Contractors; and
- supervision, inspection and reporting of the progress of capital and maintenance works.
- Certificate holder in building studies, civil or construction engineering from a Hong Kong polytechnic / polytechnic university or Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education/technical college / technical institute, or equivalent; or satisfactory completion of a recognized technician apprenticeship in the field of building studies, civil or construction engineering.
- Grade E or above in 5 subjects including Chinese Language, English Language (Syllabus B) & Mathematics in HKCEE or equivalent.
- Received safety training recognized by the Commissioner for Labour and hold a valid Green Card or equivalent.
- Preferably with at least 6 years of relevant working experience. Candidates with less experience may also be considered.
Terms of Appointment :
- The successful applicant will initially be offered a 1-year contract, after which a contract of a longer term may be considered.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the full contract period with consistently high standard of performance, the appointee will be granted a gratuity for the period of service. Such gratuity, plus any contribution by the Employer to the MPF scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Scheme Ordinance, will be equal to 10% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
Application Method :
- Application should be made by completing the BMCPC Job Application Form available from BMCPC's website http://bmcpc.org.hk/tc/about/career/index.html
- It should be forwarded together with a detailed resume either by email to email@example.com or by post to the Human Resources Unit, The Board of Management of the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries, 34/F, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
- The position applied for should be stated on the envelope or at the subject title of the email. Applications without a completed BMCPC Job Application Form may not be considered.
- The Deadline for application is 24 August 2018.