Temporary Operation Assistant
The Board of Management of the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries (BMCPC) is an independent statutory body under the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries Ordinance (Cap. 1112). BMCPC provides different kinds of burial lot, niche and ash scattering services on a non-profit making basis for persons of the Chinese race permanently resident in Hong Kong and their relatives, and is responsible for the administration, management, maintenance and development of its four Chinese permanent cemeteries which are located at Aberdeen, Tsuen Wan, Chai Wan and Junk Bay. BMCPC may donate its surplus to any charity operating for the benefit of the community of Hong Kong.
Salary ranges from $17,080 to $21,880 (exclusive of gratuity). The offer will commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and working experience.
Major Responsibilities :
- Assisting Senior Supervisor and Supervisors in conducting the daily activities of the cemetery;
- Supervising and monitoring the activities inside the cemetery including burial, exhumation, deposit and removal of cremated ashes, tombstone constructions etc.;
- Monitoring the performance of registered stonemasons, reporting their misconduct and non-compliant activities;
- Patrolling and reporting irregularities inside the cemetery;
- Supervising and monitoring the performance of out-sourced services;
- Assisting in the special operations during Ching Ming and Chung Yeung Festival;
- Providing customer services including enquiry answering and complaint handling;
- Assisting in the administration works of the cemetery; and
- Required to wear uniform and work on irregular duty hours on festival periods, Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
- Grade E or above in 5 subjects including Chinese Language, English Language (Syllabus B) & Mathematics in HKCEE or equivalent.
- At least 3 years' working experience preferable with management experience.
- Holder of driving license (classes 1 & 2) is an advantage.
- Good supervisory, communication, organizational, interpersonal and report writing skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Proficient in MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Terms of Appointment :
- The successful applicant will be offered a 1-year fixed term contract.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the full contract period with consistently high standard of performance, the appointee will be granted a gratuity for the period of service. Such gratuity, plus any contribution by the Employer to the MPF scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Scheme Ordinance, will be equal to 10% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
Application Method :
- Application should be made by completing the BMCPC Job Application Form available from BMCPC's website http://bmcpc.org.hk/tc/about/career/index.html
- It should be forwarded together with a detailed resume either by email to email@example.com or by post to the Human Resources Unit, The Board of Management of the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries, 34/F, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
- The position applied for should be stated on the envelope or at the subject title of the email. Applications without a completed BMCPC Job Application Form may not be considered.
- The Deadline for application is 27 July 2018.
Personal data provided will only be used for recruitment purposes and personal data of unsuccessful applications will be destroyed within 24 months after completion of the recruitment exercise.