Deputy Head - Operations
The Board of Management of the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries (BMCPC) is an independent statutory body under the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries Ordinance (Cap. 1112). BMCPC provides different kinds of burial lot, niche and ash scattering services on a non-profit making basis for persons of the Chinese race permanently resident in Hong Kong and their relatives, and is responsible for the administration, management, maintenance and development of its four Chinese permanent cemeteries which are located at Aberdeen, Tsuen Wan, Chai Wan and Junk Bay. BMCPC may donate its surplus to any charity operating for the benefit of the community of Hong Kong.
Salary ranges from $53,300 to $67,065 (exclusive of gratuity). The offer will commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and working experience.
Major Responsibilities :
- Assisting the Head - Operations & Corporate Communications in the management of the Chinese permanent cemeteries under BMCPC, and overseeing the work of the Operation Support Unit;
- Formulating and reviewing policies, rules and regulations in relation to cemetery operations and ensuring their compliances;
- Handling staff matters within the BMCPC cemeteries and Operation Support Unit;
- Supervising registration of stonemasons and monitoring their performance;
- Managing pre-festivals and post-festivals arrangements;
- Handling and answering public enquiries and complaints;
- Providing secretarial service to the Internal Affairs Committee and assisting in implementing the decisions made by the committee; and
- Performing any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other senior management.
- A bachelor degree or equivalent.
- At least 6 years' working experience with good business acumen and management senses preferable with experience in front line operation or estate management.
- Experience in managing a sizable operation team is an advantage.
- Good command of spoken and written Chinese & English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Terms of Appointment :
- The successful applicant will initially be offered a 1-year contract, after which a contract of a longer term may be considered.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the full contract period with consistently high standard of performance, the appointee will be granted a gratuity for the period of service. Such gratuity, plus any contribution by the Employer to the MPF scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Scheme Ordinance, will be equal to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
Application Method :
- Application should be made by completing the BMCPC Job Application Form available from BMCPC's website http://bmcpc.org.hk/tc/about/career/index.html
- It should be forwarded together with a detailed resume either by email to email@example.com or by post to the Human Resources Unit, The Board of Management of the Chinese Permanent Cemeteries, 34/F, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
- The position applied for should be stated on the envelope or at the subject title of the email. Applications without a completed BMCPC Job Application Form may not be considered
- The Deadline for application is 17 March 2018