Resident Building Services Inspector (RBSI)
Job Description :
The project site, an open recreation & sitting out area, occupies an area of around 3,740 sqm and situated at the disused portion of the government depot site in Eastern district, Hong Kong. The duration of services for the captioned post will be 12 months in contract with an option of 3 months extension.
- A Diploma or Higher Certificate in Building Services Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from the Hong Kong Polytechnic / Hong Kong Polytechnic University/ Hong Kong Technical College / Hong Kong Technical Institute / Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education, or equivalent.
- Met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2* or above in English Language and Chinese Language in Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) / Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent. [Note * Grade E in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in previous HKCEE are accepted administratively as comparable to Level 2 in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.]
- 8 years' relevant experience including 4 years' working experience in the capacity of Assistant Building Services Inspector, or equivalent.
- Assist the Project Building Services Engineer in all aspects of supervision of building services work on site under the Works Contracts and the maintenance of site records.
- Monitor labour resources, progress, materials and equipment used on site.
- Responsible for the upkeep of site records including site record books and submission of all monthly returns.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with other contractors / sub-contractors, utility companies, the Employer and government departments on site matters.
- Solve minor disputes / conflicts between various contractors / sub-contractors, utility companies, the Employer and government departments on site.
- Ensure the correct materials and equipment are delivered to site by contractors / sub-contractors and that only those approved materials and equipment are installed.
- Assist in the checking of any site measurements of building services works and payments claimed by the Contractors / sub-contractors.
- Assist in the site survey of existing building services installations during the construction stage, including submission of proposals for additional, alteration or repair works.
- Inspect and witness the testing and commissioning of building services installations.
- Assist the Project Building Services Engineer in the checking of building services operation and maintenance manuals and as-fitted drawings submitted by various contractors / sub-contractors.
- Carry out all such other duties as directed by the Architect and the Project Building Services Engineer.
If you are interested in joining us, please send your full resume with expected salary and availability to Human Resources Department by Email firstname.lastname@example.org / mail to 15/F, 633 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong.
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.