Suitable candidates are invited to apply for the above
A key member of the editorial team, the Chinese Editor will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the editorial team and for ensuring that all editorial and publication tasks are delivered to high standards and deadlines.
- Commissioning, writing, translating, editing and proofreading texts for bilingual Festival print publications, marketing and communication materials, web and social media content; ensuring consistency in content and language
- Management and scheduling of editorial workflows, including line management of assistant editors
- Clear communication with internal and external stakeholders, including writers, translators, designers, printers, senior management and other colleagues
- Undertaking administrative duties, budget management and working within the Festival's existing financial procedures, including efficient and accurate processing of invoices, raising quotation orders and keeping expenditure records in project budgets
- Recognised degree or equivalent
- Excellent written Chinese and English, English to Chinese translation, proof-reading and editing skills
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills, ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of art, culture and performing arts is a definite advantage
- At least five years of relevant experience in journalism, publications, translation, copywriting and editorial work
Please apply before 6 August 2021 with full resume stating current and expected salary, and a covering letter highlighting skills and experience relevant to the above requirement and the fulfilment of the HKAF's mission.
Applications should be sent by mail to Office Manager, Hong Kong Arts Festival Society Ltd, Room 1205, Hong Kong Arts Centre, 2 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong or by email through firstname.lastname@example.org
The HKAF is committed to equal opportunity employment.
All personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.