Social Worker I (Senior Social Worker)
The Children's Cancer Foundation aims to improve the quality of life for young patients and their families in caring for their physical, psychological and social well-being. To cope with our service development, we are now inviting passionate applicants to join our Patient Care and Community Services Team in supporting and walking with young patients with medical complex conditions and their families at difficult times.
- Provide counselling and psychosocial services, group work and activities for young cancer patients, survivors and their families
- Co-ordinate back-to-school programmes for patients after treatment and sibling support programmes
- Develop diagnosed groups / new projects for patients and parents
- Collaborate with hospitals, agencies and other NGOs to provide continuum of care services for patients and their families
- A registered social worker with a Bachelor / Master Degree in Social Work from a recognised institution in Hong Kong or equivalent
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience in casework and group work with children / youth and families. Experience in end-of-life care / bereavement services will be an advantage. Applicants with less experience will be considered as Social Worker II
- Strong passion in helping children and adolescents with life-threatening and life-limiting illnesses
- Need to work non-office hours for patients' and families' programmes or for urgent support to families
- Proficiency in both written and spoken Cantonese, Putonghua and English
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Proficiency in PC skills, familiar with MS PowerPoint
Qualified and interested parties are invited to send their applications with resumes and expected salary to Human Resources Department, Children's Cancer Foundation, Room 702, Tung Ning Building, 125 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.