Finance Manager (Financial Accounting)
Since 1965, New Life Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association is dedicated to recovery-oriented, people-focused and evidence-based community mental health service development. The Association, with a team of over 1,300 staff members, operates more than 70 service units and projects to render residential services, employment and vocational training, community support for 16,700 people in recovery with mental illness (PIR) and their families, as well as provide mental health education to 37,500 general public annually. As a result of our passionate belief in social inclusion and self-reliance for PIR , we have established different social enterprises with over 20 projects operating currently promoted the well-being message under the brand "330", which in Cantonese carries the homophonous meaning "body, mind and spirit" - the balance of which we all strive to attain.
For more information, please visit http://www.nlpra.org.hk
Ref : Fin-FM
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Finance Manager leads, supervises and develops the financial accounting function of the Association to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
- To supervise the financial accounting operation of the Association;
- To prepare periodic and annual financial reports;
- To provide assistance to internal parties in the financial aspect of external funding application;
- To ensure effective implementation of internal accounting policies and guidelines;
- To identify opportunities for continuous improvement in financial accounting operation;
- To act as a central point of communication with internal and external parties on financial accounting matters;
- To lead or spearhead financial accounting-related initiatives with internal parties for continuous improvement;
- To follow up enquiries from internal parties, auditors, Social Welfare Department, funding bodies, and other external parties;
- To recruit, retain and develop financial accounting team to ensure optimal staff mix of skills and experiences for effective financial operation and continuous improvement;
- To keep the financial accounting team abreast of the latest development of external and internal financial accounting framework, rules and regulations;
- To prepare, organize, attend Finance and Administration Subcommittee meetings;
- To prepare accurate and succinct meeting minutes within a reasonable timeframe; and
- To perform ad hoc assignments and other related duties as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related disciplines;
- Full member of Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants or equivalent professional organizations;
- Minimum 15 years of professional accountancy experience obtained in sizable companies or organizations operating in complex regulatory environment;
- NGO background in subvented welfare sector is a definite advantage;
- High level of competency in problem solving with excellent critical thinking and analytical skills;
- High level of professionalism, ethical standards, integrity, maturity, independency and self-motivation;
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills (Chinese and English);
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a good team leader; and
- Immediate available is highly preferred.
Applicants are invited to forward a cover letter and a resume to the Human Resources Department by post at New Life Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association, 332 Nam Cheong Street, Kowloon, or by fax at 3552 5398, or by email to email@example.com
Personal data provided by applicants will strictly be used for recruitment purpose.
New Life Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Prospective employees are requested to undergo Sexual Conviction Record Check.