Southern District Health Centre
Social Worker I / Social Worker
21/F & 22/F, Vertical SQ, 28 Heung Yip Road,
Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
(3 mins walking distance from Wong Chuk Hang MTR Station)
Take the Challenge Welcome You!
Aberdeen Kai-fong Welfare Association (AKA) is a non-profit organisation that actively provides multi-faceted integrated services and serving people of different ages with the clear vision of striving for excellence and developing a sustainable society. AKA has formulated a 10-year development blueprint in 2020 for the sustainable development of public value. Social Service, Education Service and Health Service are the three pillars of services contributing to the public value.
We are seeking high-calibred and dedicated candidates who are interested to accept the challenge of operating the Southern District Health Centre (SDHC) in line with the government policy and AKA's strategic development by joining our multi-disciplinary team and meeting the healthcare needs of the residents in the Southern community. The DHC is a primary healthcare initiative of the Government. Through public-private partnership, medical-social collaboration, it provides district-based primary healthcare services which comprise comprehensive Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Prevention programmes targeting community members of varying ages and needs.
Ref : DHC-SW I/SW-3/2023
Key Responsibilities :
- Identify psychosocial needs of Southern District Health Centre clients, provide counselling services and organize community health programmes
- Plan and implement patient empowerment programs and community programs in centre and outreaching service spots
- Develop program guidelines and workflow of social work services
- Work with multi-disciplinary professional teams to deliver primary health care services
- Liaise with different stakeholders including government officials, network medical practitioners, professional groups, district stakeholders and related parties on community resources mobilization and service collaboration
- Diploma in Social Work or above
- Minimum 5 years of working experience as Registered Social Worker in social and medical services, with experience in community healthcare service or/and patient self-management services in public services / NGOs preferred
- Recognized post registration training in Primary Health Care / Community Care / Diabetes Mellitus care / Cardiology / Stroke Rehabilitation / Cardiac Rehabilitation / Gerontology
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent in spoken and written English and Chinese
- Degree holder in Social Work will be considered as Social Worker I
Benefit : Five-day work, out-patient and hospitalization medical scheme, wedding leave, birthday leave and compassionate leave.
The above positions on a contract basis. If you are interested in joining us, shift duty including 2 days night shift until 9:15pm per week maybe required.
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to 3/F, 180B Aberdeen Main Road, Aberdeen, Hong Kong (Receiver : Central Administrative Director) (Please quote the position name and reference number) with application letter and resume including expected salary and date of availability. The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.