Vocational Training Council
Lecturer (Occupational Therapy)
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of some 200,000 young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
Major Duties : To (a) perform teaching duties including supervision of students' projects and fieldwork placement; (b) carry out duties in relation to student and academic administration; (c) develop programme curriculum and teaching, learning and assessment materials; (d) assist in validation and accreditation of programmes; and (e) participate in networking with industry / industrial attachments, departmental projects and functions, including but not limited to consultancy services, research studies, seminars and exhibitions.
Requirements : (a) A relevant recognised degree or professional qualification, preferably with a post-graduate qualification; (b) At least 3 years' relevant teaching and/or industry experience; (c) Qualification of registered Occupational Therapist (Part I) under the Supplementary Medical Professions Ordinance and valid practicing certificate issued by the relevant boards in Hong Kong; (d) Good communication, presentation, teaching and facilitation skills in both English and Chinese; and (e) Good records of linkage with industry / professional bodies or with solid industrial experience would be an advantage.
- The initial posting is in IVE (Kwai Chung). The appointee(s) may be posted to other work location(s) to suit the operational needs.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a written assessment.
- The appointee(s) may be required to perform duties outside normal office hours and/or outside campus.
- Application forms [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)] are available from : (i) G/F., VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong; or (ii) the website http://www.vtc.edu.hk/html/en/career.html
- Interested applicants should apply for the post via email. A completed application form, together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to email@example.com
- Completed application form (VTC-1) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) should be combined into one file in PDF format with a file size below 10MB.
- The file should be saved with the applicant's name as "your surname and given name", e.g. "CHAN Tai-man.pdf".
- For the email subject, please cite : "Application for Lecturer (Occupational Therapy) (Ref. No.: C/KC-HLS/L(OT)/03/23-AP1)".
- Original and copy of other supporting documents are to be provided at a later stage upon request.
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information on unsuccessful candidates will normally be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.