Community Services Manager (Elderly Services I) (Sheung Wan)
We provide a spectrum of social welfare services catering to the needs of families, children and youth, the elderly and the disabled as well as Chinese traditional services for the community gearing towards "Quality Care, Holistic Development".
Ref : A1/CSM(ESI)/CSD/MIP
Roles & responsibilities :
- Plan, implement and monitor new project initiatives to meet the established project scope and to ensure the projects are progressed according to the pre-set timeline;
- prepare bidding proposal of new service projects for superior approval to meet the service expansion needs of the community;
- monitor and coordinate service operation and service projects / joint programmes for service centres and provide administrative support to service centres based on the pre-defined guidelines to ensure smooth operation as well as efficient and effective use of resources;
- review, evaluate and monitor service guidelines for continuous service improvement and planning;
- maintain good relationship with different working parties such as liaising with relevant government departments and organizations on the service operation, promotion and development to enhance smooth running of community initiatives and networking with strategic partners including professional bodies, training institutes and the private sectors for effective delivery, development and promotion of services;
- monitor the fitting out works and purchase of furniture and equipment for new projects to ensure the projects can be implemented as scheduled;
- advise and develop annual staff development plan of the elderly services section and shatin district to meet staff training needs and improve staff professional competency; and
- serve as the convenor of Working Group on Service Performance Monitoring System to review policy documents for 16 Service Quality Standards and coordinate submission of service performance reports to the Social Welfare Department to enhance the continuous quality improvement.
The ideal candidate should have/be :
- A recognized degree in Social Work or equivalent;
- registered under the Social Workers Registration Ordinance (Cap. 505) as Registered Social Worker;
- at least 5 years' post-qualification experience in the rank of Assistant Social Work Officer or equivalent;
- experience preferably in elderly services / supervisory level; and
- proficiency in English and Chinese.
* Please specify in the resume or application form the relevant academic results/working experience you have attained in detail.
Compensation & employment terms :
The successful candidate will initially be offered a 3-year contract with a remuneration package which will commensurate with his/her background and experience. The continuation of employment and employment terms thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement. Apart from contributions to the MPF Scheme, other benefits include paid annual leave, medical services, a dental scheme and training sponsorships. The incumbent will normally work under a 5-day week schedule subject to operational needs and exigencies of the service.
Vaccine Pass requirements :
Job applicant (if appointed) will be required to enter or work in specified / other applicable premises under the Vaccine Pass and fulfill the Vaccine Pass requirements in accordance with the Prevention and Control of Disease (Vaccine Pass) Regulation (Cap. 599L) and as stipulated by the Hospital Authority / Education Bureau / Social Welfare Department / other authorities at any point of time during the course of employment.
Please send your resume or completed application form [F601(n)] with indication of your current and expected salaries to the Head of Human Resources Division, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals at 4/F., Wong Fung Ling Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Hong Kong by 15 August 2022. Application forms are obtainable in person or can be downloaded from http://www.tungwah.org.hk . The reference code should be marked both in the letter and on the envelope. Underpaid mail items will not be accepted by Tung Wah. For proper delivery of your mail items, please ensure your mail items bear sufficient postage with return address before posting. Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only and in accordance with the Tung Wah's personal data policy. Applicants not invited to attend an interview by 31 October 2022 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER