Term / Temporary / Part-time (Daytime) Assistant Lecturer (English and Communication)
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of some 200,000 young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tuen Mun)
Major Duties : To (a) perform teaching duties, and assist in supervision of students' projects and fieldwork placement; (b) assist in carrying out duties in relation to student and academic administration; (c) assist in developing programme curriculum and teaching, learning and assessment materials; and (d) participate in projects and functions of the Language Centre where necessary.
Requirements : (a) (i) A recognised degree in English Language / English Language and Literature / Language Studies (English) / Linguistics / Education (English) / English Communication / Translation (English), preferably with a post-graduate qualification; OR (ii) A recognised degree in a non-relevant field; AND a relevant English teaching qualification, such as Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma in Education (major in English), Teaching English as a Second Language or Teaching English as a Foreign Language or Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (CELTA / Trinity CertTESOL and English-teaching certification recognised by TESL Canada) or English for Specific Purposes (ESP). A transcript with course details including the number of hours of instruction and practicum should be provided for consideration; preferably with post-graduate qualifications; (b) Good communication, interpersonal, administrative, presentation and IT skills; (c) Good problem solving and time management skills; and (d) A good team player, able to work on own initiative and willing to meet challenges.
- The post is in the rank of Teaching Associate.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to take a written assessment in English.
- Application forms [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)] are available from : (i) G/F., VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong; or (ii) the website http://www.vtc.edu.hk/html/en/career.html
- A completed application form [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)], together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . Completed application form (VTC-1) and detailed curriculum vitae (CV) should be provided in PDF format with total file size below 10MB. Attachment(s) to the application by email should be saved with names as (a) VTC1-PTL-"your surname and given name", e.g. "VTC1-PTL-CHAN Tai Man.pdf"; and (b) CV-PTL-"your surname and given name", e.g. "CV-PTL-CHAN Tai Man.pdf".
- For the email subject, please cite "Application for the Post of Term / Temporary / Part-time (Daytime) Assistant Lecturer (Ref. No.: O/TM-LC/Term_Temp_PTD_AL(EC)/07/22)". Original and copy of other supporting documents are to be provided at a later stage upon request.
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information on unsuccessful candidates will normally be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.