Assistant Manager (Youth Development Service)
Ref : YDS2022-016
Job Purpose :
The position is responsible for providing leadership for Red Cross youth in Youth Development Service (YDS), by supporting the team leaders and Head of Youth Development Service to effectively implement the action plan to engage the new generation to participate in the Red Cross movement, so as to expand the extent to cultivate the Red Cross humanitarian value and nurture to be the leaders of the Red Cross movement.
Key Responsibilities :
- Analyse the trend and needs of youth, plan and execute humanitarian education programs and activities to the youth in both uniform group and community.
- Establish and maintain relationship with community partners, such as NGOs, primary and secondary schools for collaboration and support in YDS.
- Lead and develop a team of volunteer leaders to formulate and implement the strategic plan of the YDS to enhance youth service.
- Assist the Manager in managing a divisional headquarters, e.g., daily operation, staff coaching, data analyse and reporting.
- Execute the implementation plan and projects and monitor the progress to ensure the service quality.
- Support other activities in the agency.
- Bachelor's degree in social work or; Associate Degree in Social Work, with 2 years post-graduation and related working experience or; Bachelor's degree in non-social work discipline, with 2 years working experiences in relevant service sectors
- Solid experience in youth work, people leadership and volunteer management is preferred
- Excellent in communication and interpersonal skills; Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua)
- Sound project management, debriefing and coordination skills
- Good team player, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility and well-organized
Contract Period : 2 years (renewable)
Please send the application together with the full curriculum vitae and expected salary to the Head of Human Resources Development, Hong Kong Red Cross, 9/F Hong Kong Red Cross Headquarters, 19 Hoi Ting Road, West Kowloon, HK or email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10 July 2022.
The successful candidate is required to conduct the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) if it deems necessary according to the job responsibilities. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with Agency's data protection policy for recruitment purposes only. Applicants not contacted within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and all related information will be kept on our files up to a period of 6 months.