Manager (Youth Development Service)
Ref No : YDS2022-015
Job Purpose :
The core purpose of this role is to provide leadership for Red Cross youth in Youth Development Service. S/he works closely with the Head of Youth Development Service to lead development and execution of Red Cross youth team to support the HKRC in delivering its humanitarian services to fulfill its vision and mission. S/he will ensure effective implementation of the strategies and drive implementation and action to engage the new generation to participate in the Red Cross movement, so as to expand the extent to cultivate the Red Cross humanitarian value and nurture to be the leaders of Red Cross movement.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Formulate the strategic direction in youth development and recruitment strategy by providing situational analysis and proposing recommendations at division level, in line with the corporate strategic direction, together with the Head of Youth Development Service
- Lead the development, execution and enhancement on youth services related to guidelines, development and implementation plan of Youth Development Service
- Lead and coach a team of senior volunteer leaders to formulate the strategic plan and policies as well as develop training plan for volunteers which in line with the goal of Youth Development Service
- Plan and organize daily operations and activities in Divisional headquarters through assigned staff; prioritizes and delegates work activities
- Develop new humanitarian education programs and activities to cultivate the Red Cross humanitarian knowledge and awareness to more young people. Lead the team to plan and organize daily operations and activities coordinates with other departments / service units and resources to ensure the operation effectiveness and deliverable
- Maintain relationship with external stakeholders, such as youth uniformed groups, schools and NGOs for collaboration and support in youth services
- Bachelor degree in social work, with minimum 5 years' post-graduation and related working experience in youth and volunteer service development; and related managerial experience; or,
- Bachelor degree in non-social work discipline, with minimum 7 years' post-graduation and related working experience in youth and volunteer service development; and related managerial experience
- Experiences and skills to work with volunteer leaders
- Sound leadership, people management and coordination skills
- Good communication skills with stakeholders and community partners
- Good analytical, coordination and interpersonal skills, mature and able to work independently and under pressure
- Mature personality, strategic-minded with vision, strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good command of both written and oral English, excellent in Chinese / Cantonese / Putonghua
Working Location : Divisional Headquarter
Contract Period : 2 years (renewable)
Please send application together with full curriculum vitae and expected salary to the Head of Human Resources Development, Hong Kong Red Cross, 9/F Hong Kong Red Cross Headquarters, 19 Hoi Ting Road, West Kowloon, HK or email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10 July 2022.
Successful candidate is required to conduct the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) if it deems necessary according to the job responsibilities. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with Agency's data protection policy for recruitment purposes only. Applicants not contacted within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and all related information will be kept on our files up to a period of 6 months.