Deputy Chief Executive Officer (Administration)
Established in 1963, Heep Hong Society is a leading children education and rehabilitation organisation committed to helping children and youth of diverse needs. We offer professional assessment, guidance, training and family support, thereby contributing to an inclusive society. Our 1,200-strong team serve more than 15,000 families every year at over 50 service units, as well as mainstream kindergartens, primary and secondary schools. We invite applications for the above post.
This position is to assist the CEO and collaborate with the Deputy Chief Executive Officer (Service) in setting and driving operational strategy and talent development programs in line with the organizational vision, mission, values and corporate strategy. The incumbent has the responsibility to translate the corporate strategies into actionable goals for all Department Heads and teams in achieving the organizational capacity and operational excellence. He/She could drive transformational changes to achieve operational and cost efficiency, building a unified and cohesive service culture among the staff team.
- Report to Chief Executive Officer in providing day-to-day leadership and strategic management for all functional Departments
- Assist CEO and the Board in determining the long term strategic direction of Heep Hong Society in close alignment with the Society's mission, vision and values; and support CEO to implement policies and decisions of the Board
- Oversee all functional Departments including Accounts, Information Technology, Human Resources, Communications and Corporate Development to sustain the productivity, operational efficiency and to foster an inclusive and collaborative culture among the Departments and across management teams
- Lead the Department Heads and across management teams to develop and implement business plans for enhancing the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and human assets to accommodate the rapid and expanding growth of Heep Hong Society and address the potential threats and opportunities
- Collaborate with Deputy Chief Executive Officer (Service) in planning, solicitation, allocation and deployment of resources to support service development and delivery
- Strengthen corporate governance and provide high level management guidance to Department Heads to ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements and meeting the expectations of the Government, stakeholders, service users and sponsors
- Establish good working relationship with the Government, funders, corporates, volunteers, service users, other local or overseas organizations/individuals for support or promotion of the Society's services and the welfare of children with special needs
- Perform ad-hoc assignments as and when required
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration or related discipline, Master degree preferable
- At least 10 years' relevant experience, preferably in social service sector, with an understanding of functional service such as HR, Accounts, Communications, Information Technology, Corporate Development, etc.
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Qualified Accountant with HKICPA or ACCA certification will be an advantage
- Passionate and committed in social service sector for service excellence
- Strategic and forward thinking to develop and implement strategies to maximize employee performance in meeting organization's vision, mission and goals
- Strong team leadership and ability to develop, coach and inspire team for success
- A flexible team player equipped with excellent communication, presentation, problem solving, negotiation and analytical skills
- Keep abreast of the changes in environment, technology and operational standards with creative and innovative mindset
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Chinese
- Result-oriented and can-do attitude
Application deadline: 8 July 2022
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
For interested parties, please send the applications to email@example.com
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.