Occupational Therapist I
Aberdeen Kai-fong Welfare Association (AKA) is a non-profit organisation that actively provides multi-faceted integrated services and serving people of different ages with the clear vision of striving for excellence and developing a sustainable society. AKA has formulated a 10-year development blueprint in 2020 for the sustainable development of public value. Social Service, Education Service and Health Service are the three pillars of services contributing to the public value.
We are seeking high-calibred and dedicated candidates who are interested to accept the challenge of operating the Southern District Health Centre (SDHC) in line with the government policy and AKA's strategic development by joining our multi-disciplinary team and meeting the healthcare needs of the residents in the Southern community. The DHC is a primary healthcare initiative of the Government. Through public-private partnership, medical-social collaboration, it provides district-based primary healthcare services which comprise comprehensive Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Prevention programmes targeting community members of varying ages and needs.
Ref : DHC-OT I-5/2022
Key Responsibilities :
- Provide occupational services to SDHC clients in core centre and satellite centres, including assessment, treatment programme planning and implementation of chronic disease management and community rehabilitation programmes
- Develop clinical guidelines and workflow of occupational therapy services
- Collaborate with SDHC professional staff to conduct cognitive and functional training, carer education, stress management for health promotion and disease-related management
- Liaise with network medical practitioners, professional groups, district stakeholders and related parties
- Supervise OT II and rehabilitation assistant in providing occupational therapy services
- Registered as Occupational Therapist in Part I of the Register of Occupational Therapist under the Supplementary Medical Professions Ordinance and have a valid Practicing Certificate issued by the Occupational Therapists Board, Hong Kong
- Degree in Occupational Therapist or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience as Occupational Therapist; preferable with experience in community healthcare service
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent in spoken and written English and Chinese
Five-day work, out-patient and hospitalization medical scheme, wedding leave, birthday leave and compassionate leave.
The above positions on a contract basis.
If you are interested in joining us, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to 3/F, 180B Aberdeen Main Road, Aberdeen, Hong Kong (Receiver : Central Administrative Director) (Please quote the position name and reference number) with application letter and resume including expected salary and date of availability. The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.