Teacher of History
CSS is an IB World School founded in 2006 and offers both HKDSE and the IB Curriculum. Blending the best of international and Chinese educational ideals, it offers an exceptionally caring and vibrant learning culture based on positive, mutually respectful relationships.
CSS and its sister schools, Creative Primary School and Creative Primary School's Kindergarten enjoy immense support from parents. We provide a progressive all-round education, preparing students for the challenges of the rapidly changing globalised world.
Required for January 2022
The successful candidate should :
- Possess a relevant Bachelor's degree or above, plus a recognised Postgraduate teaching qualification or equivalent (e.g. PGDE or B.Ed) in a related subject.
- Be able to mark, grade and give written / verbal and diagnostic feedback as required.
- Be able to use a variety of teaching and learning delivery methods which will stimulate learning appropriate to student needs and the demands of the courses being delivered.
- Contribute to curriculum planning, the development of resources, unit plans, schemes of work and the development of teaching strategies in the subject areas.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
- Be able to lead or contribute to entrepreneurial competitions and extra-curricular activities.
- Have the ability to use new technologies effectively to support teaching and learning.
- Be passionate about History and have a desire to communicate this passion to students.
- Be able to monitor and evaluate teaching and learning within the teams in line with school policy and those of the Hong Kong and IB curricula.
Deadline for applications : 12 December 2021
Please refer to our school website http://www.css.edu.hk for more details.
Please send your letter of application, CV and the email details of 2 professional referees to the Principal, Dr. Anthony Adames by email email@example.com to Creative Secondary School, 3 Pung Loi Road, Tseung Kwan O, Sai Kung, N.T. Hong Kong. Since we receive a large number of applications, please understand that if you do not hear from us 2 months after your application, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion. Creative Secondary School reserves the right to recruit at any stage during the selection process.
All information will be kept confidential and only for recruitment purpose.