Ethnic Minority District Ambassador (Yuen Long)
We provide a spectrum of social welfare services catering to the needs of families, children and youth, the elderly and the disabled as well as Chinese traditional services for the community gearing towards "Quality Care, Holistic Development".
Ref : A1/EMDA/TL/LLIFSC/MIP
- Able to communicate effectively in Chinese or English, both in written and spoken forms;
- proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia, Nepali, Urdu, Punjabi, Tagalog, Thai, Hindi or Vietnamese, in written and spoken forms; and
- preferably with working experience in social welfare organizations and knowledge in running programmes, publicity and promotional work, receiving the public, community networking, liaison or event co-ordination.
- Assist in preparing and conduction group activities and programmes, publicity and promotional work, training and various activities including but not limited to those for ethnic monitories (EMs);
- assist in providing simple interpretation and translation service to EMs to facilitate them to fill in application forms, obtain the information they need and get themselves familiar with the community resources, etc;
- assist in performing networking duties / activities including conducting visits and providing escort services for EMs;
- assist in the production of publicity / promotion materials in EM language(s);
- assist in manning the reception / mobile service counters and receive incoming calls;
- assist in establishing contact and maintaining liaison with members of EM communities to gauge their service needs; and
- work in shifts.
Currently at $14,600 (Tung Wah Master Pay Scale Point 2) per month.
The successful candidates will be appointed on contract terms. The salary is subject to downward / upward adjustment or may be frozen as determined by Tung Wah and/or as appropriate with reference to the civil service pay review. The fringe benefits include paid leave, medical services, dental scheme and training sponsorship.
Please send your resume or completed application form [F601] to the Head of Human Resources Division, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals at 4/F., Wong Fung Ling Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Hong Kong by 29 November 2021. Application forms are obtainable in person or can be downloaded from http://www.tungwah.org.hk . The reference code should be marked both in the letter and on the envelope. Underpaid mail items will not be accepted by Tung Wah. For proper delivery of your mail items, please ensure your mail items bear sufficient postage with return address before posting. Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only and in accordance with the Tung Wah's personal data policy. Applicants not invited to attend an interview by 28 February 2022 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER