Deputy Director (Services)
HKSPC is a long established non-profit organization, mainly subvented by the government, which provides child care, early childhood education, residential and school social work service for young children, pre-school rehabilitation services, development support for children, parenting education and a basket of family support services, through 29 services centres with about 780 employees, to give children a brighter future. We are now seeking a competent, flexible and strategic professional with a passion for family and children well-being to fill the above position.
This position is a key member of the agency management team and works closely with the Director and the senior management team, Executive Committee and its Sub-committees, to contribute to agency policies and service enhancement and development matters.
Key Responsibilities :
- Report to the Director and plan, develop, support and implement agency strategic business plans that support continuous improvement, service innovation and agency development, early childhood education and a range of children and family services
- Support the work of the Agency Board and its Sub-committees
- Act as the key driver of agency policies, service development and innovation, service management enhancement, inter-services co-ordination and support / implement cross-service projects / tasks, human resources planning and strategies and other assigned agency functions
- Co-ordinate and work closely with the agency management team and lead the early childhood education and child care professional team, to plan and implement service strategies and plans for quality early childhood education, child care and a range of children and family services, as well as to maximize the leverage on agency resources
- Liaise with related government departments, corporates, universities and professional bodies for better government policies, to enhance professional support or gain more resources for a mixture of fee-charging / self-financed / subvented pre-school services in serving current / new needs or enhance service development
- Supervise direct services / projects as necessary
Incumbent Requirements :
- Degree holder or above in Social Work / Family Therapy / Family Counseling / Early Childhood Education or related disciplines and at least 5 passes (including Chinese and English (syllabus B)) in HKCEE
- A registered social worker with training in business administration or management will be an added advantage
- At least 15 years of work experience in social service field, with 10 years in managing children, family and fee-charging / self-financed services and 2 years in corporate development and strategic planning
- Extensive network with government departments and related professional bodies is much preferred
- Familiar with Child Care Ordinance, Education Ordinance, lump sum grant and other relevant laws / regulations is an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with different staff levels in the Agency
- With strategic vision, tactical thinking, political savvy, business acumen and the ability for business alignment
- Track record of excellent leadership, staff management, negotiation, planning, organizing and problem solving skills
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- For applicant with less relevant experience, the title of Assistant Director (Services) will be offered
Please submit application with covering letter, full resume, expected salary and availability to Head of Human Resources by email at email@example.com
For more details about our organization, please view our website at http://www.hkspc.org
All information provided will be held in strict confidence and only be used for recruitment related purpose.