Project Officer (China Development Department)
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charity organization operating in 132 countries and areas and has been serving Hong Kong for over 90 years providing an extensive range of services including Social Service, Education, Recycling Programme as well as Christianity. We are called to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are dedicated to supporting the people in need in Hong Kong, Macau and Mainland China without discrimination; and strive to respond to local needs, emergencies and disasters with the love of God.
We are now inviting high caliber professional to apply for the above position.
Reference No.: PO/CDD/10-21
- Prepare proposals, implementation plans, regular progress and evaluation reports for projects assigned.
- Assist to coordinate and manage project works in Hong Kong Office & China Offices
- Assist in preparing the annual budget for projects. Ensure the expenditures on projects are tracked and in line with the approved budgets
- Prepare various reports, statistical summaries, documents related to projects as assigned. Update supervisor(s) regularly
- Develop networks and maintain good relationship with local government officials, project partners, other official units as well as Hong Kong and overseas donors
- Assist in the enhancement of project management practices. Establish, review and implement relevant policies & guidelines for HKO and China Offices
- Provide support to the Army's emergency operations in Mainland China as and when required
- An understanding of the Christian faith, values and ethos of The Salvation Army. Committed to serve the community
- Diploma or above in Social Service, Education, Community Service & Development or other related disciplines
- Minimum 4 years of relevant working experience of which 1-2 years practical field working experience is preferred
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Strong PC skills in using MS Office and web applications
- Good planning, analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and well-organized
- Able to work irregular hours, overtime or during weekend(s)
- Able to travel to and work in remote areas
- Immediately available is preferred
Please apply with full resume, stating clearly current and expected salary, to the Group Human Resources Director, The Salvation Army Hong Kong and Macau Command, 6/F Human Resources Department, 11 Wing Sing Lane, Yaumatei, Kowloon by quoting reference number on the envelope or email to email@example.com
All information provided will be treated in strictest confidence & used for recruitment purpose only. All unsuccessful applications will be kept for a period of no longer than two years after completion of the recruitment exercise.