Deputy Superintendent of Island Hostel (SASWO) (IH/DS/2021047)
Hong Kong Student Aid Society Limited (HKSAS) is a non-profit-making organization, which was founded by a missionary in 1957 with the mission to provide needy children and youth residential, foster care, education and community development services. In 2020, more than 300 employees served about 1,000 children and youth ranging from newborn baby to age 29. We operate 3 residential hostels, 7 small group homes, 3 schools, foster care and stationing social work service in primary schools and kindergarten. We receive lump sum grants from the Social Welfare Department and funds from the Education Bureau, donations and other sources. Our annual expenditure is about HK$170 million.
We are seeking for committed person to fill up the above post.
The incumbent is the second executive head of Island Hostel reporting to the Superintendent of Island Hostel and be responsible for the following areas :
- Assisting the Superintendent in the planning, administration, day-to-day operation and development of the unit.
- Taking charge of the unit in the absence of the Superintendent.
- Supervising the whole treatment and care process for each individual boy, including intake investigation and recommendation, developing comprehensive treatment and care plan, coordinating treatment efforts, providing in-depth counseling, liaising with referring agency and the boy's family, etc.
- Supervising a team of ASWOs.
- Willing and be able to try new tasks, take up new posts and new projects in different locations.
- Registered Social Worker and degree holder in social work or related disciplines.
- At least 5 years' experience in an Assistant Social Work Officer post.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills with strong work ethic.
- Solid experience in managing or overseeing different aspects of social services areas.
- Excellent team player with leadership and possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Chinese and English.
Our salary and benefits are competitive in the field of local NGOs.
We sincerely invite people who share the same commitment to children and youth service as ours, to express interest by sending your application with full resume to email@example.com
Please specify the job reference number for the post applied.
Short-listed candidates will be requested to undergo Sexual Conviction Record Check operated by the Hong Kong Police Force.
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.