Superintendent of Holland Hostel (SWO) (HH/SUPT/2021046)
Hong Kong Student Aid Society Limited (HKSAS) is a non-profit-making organization, which was founded by a missionary in 1957 with the mission to provide needy children and youth residential, foster care, education and community development services. In 2020, more than 300 employees served about 1,000 children and youth ranging from newborn baby to age 29. We operate 3 residential hostels, 7 small group homes, 3 schools, foster care and stationing social work service in primary schools and kindergarten. We receive lump sum grants from the Social Welfare Department and funds from the Education Bureau, donations and other sources. Our annual expenditure is about HK$170 million.
We are seeking for committed person to fill up the above post.
The incumbent is the Head of the Holland Hostel and be responsible for the following areas :
- Managing reprovisioning projects of Holland Hostel at Wong Tai Sin and Yau Tong.
- Ensuring high service quality of Holland Hostel, and work for the best interests of the children and youth in care.
- Formulating and implementing service development plans in light of changing needs of the society and aspirations of the community.
- Managing a team of workforce with diverse background with effective financial and human resource skills.
- Overseeing routine repair and maintenance work of the hostel.
- Developing and maintaining a good relationship with stakeholders, including but not limited to the government, donors, volunteers, schools, parents and the public.
- Registered Social Worker and degree holder in social work or related disciplines.
- At least 8 years' professional working experience in management level covering the areas of residential child care services as the core business.
- Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills with strong work ethic.
- Solid experience in managing or overseeing different aspects of social services areas.
- Excellent team player with leadership and possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Chinese and English.
Our salary and benefits are competitive in the field of local NGOs.
We sincerely invite people who share the same commitment to children and youth service as ours, to express interest by sending your application with full resume to email@example.com
Please specify the job reference number for the post applied.
Short-listed candidates will be requested to undergo Sexual Conviction Record Check operated by the Hong Kong Police Force.
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.