Department of Social Work
Ref : 210001UJ
As a world-leading centre of social work education and research, the Department is dedicated to developing and disseminating scientific rigorous and socially impactful social work knowledge for human betterment and social development. We aspire, through our research and evaluation work, to improve the lives of vulnerable and disadvantaged groups, deepen our understanding of social issues and promote evidence-based practice locally and globally. The Department is looking for candidates who embrace these goals and values.
The Department is seeking a well-established scholar who will contribute to the continuous development and enhancement of the Department in social work research and education. More specifically, our ideal candidate is expected to :
- Have a clear vision of and be dedicated to quality social work research, education and professional training;
- Have a strong record of scientific research and publications in social work or social administration;
- Be experienced in capacity building in an academic department of social work;
- Be dedicated to social work education and professional training;
- Be committed to nurturing and mentoring future thought leaders in the department, discipline and profession;
- Possess transformational leadership and excellent communication skills;
- Be enthusiastic and experienced in fostering transdisciplinary, cross-disciplinary, and international collaborations;
- Meet the requirements of social worker registration in Hong Kong; and
- Understand the culture of Hong Kong and China
Application review will commence in September 2021, and will continue until 31 October 2021 or the post is filled.
Application Procedure :
The University only accepts and considers applications submitted online for the post above. For more information and to apply online, please visit http://career.cuhk.edu.hk