The Hong Kong Down Syndrome Association is a recognized charitable organization established in 1987. The primary aim of the Association is to promote the welfare and to improve the quality of life of people with Down Syndrome and other disabilities and their families. We provide a wide range of services including parents support, vocational training and advocacy on behalf of our service users through subvented and non-subvented service unit. We also educate the public to understand and accept people with disability and assist them to integrate in the society. Opportunity is now open to suitable candidates with solid and extensive experience in administration and service management for this challenging post as Head of the organization.
Job Reference : Director-HO
- Reporting to the Chairman of the Executive Committee
- Being the head of the agency
- The key responsibilities of the incumbent include overseeing administrative, financial, human resources and service management functions of the agency as well as developing strategic plans to meet the objectives of the agency
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of effective fundraising strategies and publicity programs to promote the agency's image and to ensure efficient use of resources to provide quality services
- Bachelor or higher degree in social work
- Registered Social Worker
- At least 10 years of experiences in the social service field; preferably with at least 6 years in managerial position
- Experiences in rehabilitation services and fundraising will definitely be an advantage
- Strong leadership with good communication skills
- Sensitive to the needs of people with disabilities and creative in planning innovative strategies to meet the service gaps
Salary & Benefits :
We offer 5-day work week, competitive remuneration package including medical insurance, staff training allowance and additional employer voluntary contribution to MPF for full-time staff who work 5 years or above.
Interested parties please send a cover letter together with a detailed resume and expected salary to the Selection Panel, The Hong Kong Down Syndrome Association, Rooftop, On Hing House, Hing Wah (II) Estate, Chai Wan, Hong Kong with job reference no. marked on the envelope or by email at email@example.com on or before 23 September 2021.
Short-listed candidates will be requested to undergo Sexual Conviction Record Check operated by the Hong Kong Police Force.
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.