Social Worker (Cancer Service)
The Children's Cancer Foundation with a mission to improve the quality of life for young patients and their families in caring for their physical, psychological and social well-being would like to invite passionate applicants to join our team.
- Provide counselling and psychosocial services, group work and activities for young cancer patients, survivors and their families
- Follow up patients' rehabilitation and back-to-school programmes
- Develop diagnosed groups / projects for patients and parents
- Collaborate with hospitals, agencies and other NGOs to provide continuum of care services for patients and their families
- A registered social worker with a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work from a recognised institution in Hong Kong or equivalent
- At least 3 years of post-qualification experience in casework and group work with children / youth and families. Experience in end-of-life care / community rehabilitation projects will be an advantage
- Strong passion in helping children and adolescents with life-threatening and life-limiting illnesses
- Need to work non-office hours for patients' and families' programmes or for urgent support to families
- Proficiency in both written and spoken Cantonese, Putonghua and English
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Proficiency in PC skills, familiar with MS PowerPoint
Qualified and interested parties are invited to send their applications with resume and expected salary to The Services Director, Children's Cancer Foundation, Units 8-13, G/F, Lung Fook House, Lower Wong Tai Sin Estate, Kowloon, or email to email@example.com
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.