District Coordinator (Shatin) (Social Work Officer) (Shatin)
We provide a spectrum of social welfare services catering to the needs of families, children and youth, the elderly and the disabled as well as Chinese traditional services for the community gearing towards "Quality Care, Holistic Development".
Ref : AI/DC(ST)/SWO/LWYMNH-DCC/MIP
- Attained English Language (Syllabus B) and Chinese Language at Grade E or above in the H.K.C.E.E.;
- a recognized degree in Social Work or equivalent;
- registered under the Social Workers Registration Ordinance (Cap. 505) as Registered Social Worker;
- at least 5 years' post-qualification experience in the rank of Assistant Social Work Officer or equivalent; and
- proficiency in English and Chinese.
- Provide leadership, direction and strategy to the overall planning, administration and monitoring of 17 service units including district elderly community centre, neighbourhood elderly centre, home care services, day care centre for the elderly, contract home, residential homes for the elderly, supported hostel, integrated services centre, employment support services, social enterprise and art centre for demented elders;
- plan and coordinate the welfare services as well as develop manpower resources for the related service centres in the Shatin District for efficient and effective service provision to meet local community needs and to establish image of Tung Wah Group of Hospitals in the District;
- inspire and lead the staff teams in achieving continuous improvement and service upgrading as well as the development of new synergy and innovative initiatives;
- monitor the finance of the service units concerned including recurrent and non-recurrent budget; and
- keep close partnership with stakeholders and maintain good relationship with government bodies for effective collaboration and service development in the district.
Currently at $74,515 (Tung Wah Master Pay Scale Point 34) per month plus a monthly allowance currently at $5,000.
The successful candidates will be appointed on contract terms. The salary is subject to downward / upward adjustment or may be frozen as determined by Tung Wah and/or as appropriate with reference to the civil service pay review. The fringe benefits include paid leave, medical services, dental scheme and training sponsorship.
Please send your resume or completed application form [F601] to the Head of Human Resources Division, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals at 4/F., Wong Fung Ling Memorial Building, 12 Po Yan Street, Hong Kong by 9 August 2021. Application forms are obtainable in person or can be downloaded from http://www.tungwah.org.hk . The reference code should be marked both in the letter and on the envelope. Underpaid mail items will not be accepted by Tung Wah. For proper delivery of your mail items, please ensure your mail items bear sufficient postage with return address before posting. Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose only and in accordance with the Tung Wah's personal data policy. Applicants not invited to attend an interview by 31 October 2021 may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER