Founded in 1979, Wai Ji Christian Service (WJCS) is a government-subvented non-governmental organization (NGO) providing a range of services mainly for people with intellectual and other disabilities to help them develop their potential and integrate into the community. WJCS runs 23 service units and a social enterprise known as Wai Ji Hong Yip.
Ref. Code: AO/HO/20210620/1
- Lead a team to handle daily accounting functions, including issuance of cheques, preparation of fund transfer and recording thereof into the accounting system, preparation of accurate financial statements and supporting schedules for monthly submission to Senior Accounting Manager;
- Maintain inventory record and fixed asset register for unusual movements;
- Liaise with external commercial banks, vendors and units for treasury matters;
- Reconcile inter-company balances, cash flow forecast, variance analysis and schedules;
- Prepare regular SWD report and fund report;
- Manage investment of available funds to maximize net returns within the provisions of Agency investment policies;
- Perform secretarial duties in committee meeting;
- Assist in preparation for annual audit including preparing audit schedules, liaising with auditors;
- Assist in preparation for accounting inspection by SWD and liaising with SWD auditors;
- Assist in review and enhancement of internal control policies and procedures;
- Handle other ad-hoc tasks as requested.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance;
- At least 5-8 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in NGO are highly preferred;
- Proficient in MS-Office, especially in Excel and Flex Accounting System;
- Well-organized with strong sense of responsibility and able to work independently;
- Good command in both spoken and written English and Chinese.
Interested parties please complete the application form (HRS20) [ available on our website http://www.wjcs.org.hk ] and send together with a full resume to Senior Administrative Manager, 9-15, G/F, Tung Hoi House, Tai Hang Tung Estate, Shek Kip Mei, Kowloon in a sealed envelope marked "Confidential - Application for Accounting Officer Post" with the job reference code or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: by 20 June 2021
The information supplied will be kept in strictest confidence and used for recruitment purposes only.
Applicants' personal data will be destroyed within three months' time.
WJCS is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER