Executive Director (總幹事)
Youth Outreach (YO) was founded in 1991 to provide comprehensive crisis intervention services for at-risk youth. We operate on a 24-hour basis with outreaching and counseling services, as well as emergency short-term accommodation for these young people, with a view to turning them into responsible members of the community.
We are looking for a dedicated professional in youth services to succeed our retiring Executive Director (ED).
Fully committed to YO's Vision, Mission and Values, and answerable to our Executive Committee, the ED will have the following key responsibilities :
- To oversee YO's service, finance and administration as well as fundraising and engaging internal and external stakeholders from different sectors.
- To determine priorities and devise strategies to ensure effective delivery of services for at-risk youth in light of their evolving needs and changing social landscape.
- To determine staff development needs and lead and coordinate the operating units and nurture esprit de corps among them.
- To contribute to the advocacy for at-risk youth services.
- To preserve and enhance the culture of YO as an edgy youth organization serving at-risk youth.
- The ED is underpinned by Assistant Executive Directors directly and supported by Fundraising and Communication Manager.
- Possess a bachelor degree in social work, management, administration or equivalent.
- Possess youth work knowledge and experience, especially with regard to at-risk youth in an outreach setting, both in the districts and cyberworld.
- Possess knowledge and experience in operating exotic sports and cultural platforms for at-risk youth such as hip hop, adventure-based counselling, rock bands, etc.
- Possess a minimum of 12 years of practical experience and 10 years of supervisory and managerial experience in youth work, especially at-risk youth respectively.
- Possess experience in building and developing sustainable relationship with major donors, schools, NGO partners, corporations, general public and the mass media to promote the corporate image and fund-raising effectiveness.
- Demonstrate strong competencies in strategic planning, communication, interpersonal relationship and leadership skill with the ability to handle complex issues tactfully in a fast-changing environment.
- Experience in major project management is an advantage.
- Be proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese, including Cantonese and preferably Putonghua.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send an application letter and a full CV with expected salary and available date :
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org ; OR
- by mail to the Administrative Manager, Headquarters, 5/F, Youth Outreach Jockey Club Building, 2 Holy Cross Path, Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong.
Deadline of application : No later than 18 June, 2021
Please mark "Confidential - Application for the post of Executive Director" on all correspondence.
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.