Senior Social Worker, Safe Families
CHANGE YOUR FUTURE AND THE FUTURE FOR CHILDREN IN HONG KONG. JOIN OUR TEAM.
Our staff are creative, collaborative, and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. They embody our core values and believe in our vision and mission. If you enjoy a work environment that is challenging, rewarding and making an impact, we invite you to consider a career with Mother's Choice.
Ref : MP/210402/SSW_SF
Key Responsibilities :
The Safe Families model aims at recruiting, training and matching volunteers in the community to support those vulnerable families in need of authentic and reliable relationships as well as social support. To help turn this into a successful model, the Senior Social Worker plays a key role in handling assessments and casework with families and community volunteers. The position holder will be responsible for :
- Family support case management including family assessments, matching families with community volunteers, monitoring case progress and case documentation like reports, support plans, case notes and data input for monitoring, reviewing progress of Safe Families intervention and capturing evidence of impact with families and volunteers
- Organizing information and training events for potential volunteers
- Community volunteer assessments
- Supporting ongoing development of the project including developing internal structures and training materials
- Being an external contact point and sharing the work and role of Safe Families with the community, including churches; and
- Contributing to materials needed for funding applications, reporting, promotion of project
- Bachelor's degree or above in Social Work; Registered social worker preferable
- 5+ years of experience in child, youth, or family related disciplines
- Strong knowledge and understanding of vulnerabilities in clients, child protection issues and risks, confidentiality
- Strong case management and assessment experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, especially in working with different stakeholders, verbal and written
- Strong critical thinking to analyze needs of service, staff and agency, capacity, and strategy
- Good proficiency in Cantonese and English written and spoken
- Proficiency in computer skills, use of Word and Excel
- Proactive, mature, high resilience and able to work under pressure
- Able to work independently as well as with a team in a multi-cultural environment
- Must share the commitment of Mother's Choice in upholding the safety and protection of children as paramount
To Apply :
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, full resume quoting the job reference number (Ref : MP/210402/SSW_SF) and expected salary to Assistant Director, Human Resources, Mother's Choice Limited, 10 Borrett Road, Mid-Levels, Hong Kong.
Email : email@example.com
Fax : 2525 7445
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only. Applicants who do not hear from us within two months may consider their application unsuccessful. Mother's Choice is committed to diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer.
About Mother's Choice :
Mother's Choice is a local charity serving the many children without families and pregnant teenagers in Hong Kong. We join hands with our community to give hope and change the life stories of vulnerable girls and babies. Our vision is to see every child in a loving family.