Teacher for Information & Communication Technology (ICT) (Staff Establishment Post)
Maryknoll Convent School has been providing all-round, quality and affordable education for girls since 1925. Our mission is to develop in every student a thirst for knowledge, an ability to self-learn, and high moral standards so as to be contributing members of the community. Our school provides our staff members with a caring work environment in a beautiful campus setting where every individual is valued and respected.
We are now seeking an innovative and forward-thinking ICT teacher (Staff Establishment Post) who has a passion for technology in education. This position offers strong potential for growth as the school continues to implement our 21st century education strategy.
Key responsibilities :
- Design and deliver ICT and Computer Literacy lessons for junior secondary and DSE students, supported by the school's growing investment in equipment and facilities
- As panel head, grow and develop the ICT and Computer Literacy Curriculum
- Initiate and drive digital innovations in the school to support school goals and objectives
- Overall responsibility for the school networks, communication, software and hardware, including the supervision of the IT Support Service Team
- Support the school-based STEM Education curriculum
- Supervise relevant extra-curricular activities
- Perform other duties as assigned to support student and school development
Qualification and qualities required :
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Studies or relevant subjects with teaching qualifications, or equivalent
- Prior experience as an ICT and Computer Literacy Teacher, including coding education
- Demonstrated excellence in delivering the DSE curriculum
- Experience in IT Management preferred
- Resourceful and well-connected with different community and industry resources
- Excellent English language, communications and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding planning and problem-solving skills
- Appreciation of and willingness to uphold the vision and mission, ethos and educational philosophy of MCS
Closing date of application : 15 April 2021
Please send cover letter with a detailed resume, expected salary and availability to the Principal, Maryknoll Convent School (Secondary Section), 5 Ho Tung Road, Kowloon or by email to email@example.com
Personal data collected will be used for the purpose of recruitment only.