Senior Teacher / Panel Head of English Department
As a Direct Subsidy Scheme (DSS) school, SPCCPS enjoys flexible allocation of funding and resources. These allow it to recruit additional teachers to increase pedagogical effectiveness, provide diverse student programmes, reduce class size and reduce student-teacher ratio. SPCCPS offers an attractive remuneration package including staff medical scheme, school-based promotion system and professional development opportunities for high-calibre applicants passionate about teaching.
We are now inviting applications to fill the above post in September 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- To lead a team of dedicated teachers in the English Department in shaping its long-term strategic development and in alignment with the school's mission
- To spearhead the pedagogical development of the English Department and engage actively in curriculum planning and implementation, professional development of staff and sharing of best practices etc.
- To instill in our students a love for language learning and to cultivate in them a set of desired character attributes both inside and outside of the classroom
- To be an effective communicator and promote a culture where ideas and feedback are openly and positively shared among teachers, parents and students for the benefit of teaching and learning
- To perform any other duties as required in the management of the school as a senior member of staff
The ideal candidate should :
- Possess at least a Bachelor's degree in English or Education (or in a relevant field) and with a recognized teacher training qualification
- Have native-level fluency and have fulfilled EDB's Language Proficiency Requirement (LPR)
- Have a proven track record and a minimum of five years of post-qualification teaching experience at primary school level; with prior experience as a panel head and in school-based curriculum development an advantage
- Have deep domain knowledge and be abreast of the latest pedagogical trends
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communicational skills
- Possess all the essential qualities of an empathetic and visionary leader who values co-operation, mutual respect and open communication
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications must be sent to The Headmistress, St. Paul's Co-educational College Primary School, 11 Nam Fung Path, Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong. Please mark "Confidential" and specify the post you apply for in your application and on the envelope.
The successful candidates will be required to undergo Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC).
All enquiries and applications will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for employment-related purposes.