The Incorporated Management Committee of Hong Kong Red Cross Princess Alexandra School invites applications for the post of PRINCIPAL (PI).
Hong Kong Red Cross Princess Alexandra School (PAS) operates 23 classes which offers a holistic education and rehabilitation service for more than 200 children with physical and multiple handicaps. There are 9 classes at the primary level and 14 classes at the secondary level. The school has a boarding section that provides 5- and 7-day boarding service.
Based on the Red Cross Principle of Humanity, we care for students with physical handicap and sickness by providing them with holistic education and fostering the value of respect for life. We aim to help them overcome difficulties, develop their potentials, enhance sense of dignity, build self-confidence, and integrate into the community, thus enabling them to attain a fruitful life and make contributions to society.
Attributes Required :
- Share the core values and mission of Hong Kong Red Cross and PAS;
- Dedicate and commit oneself to special education and benefits of the students;
- Demonstrate leadership that can lead and build a competent school team with professionals from different disciplines including teaching, therapists, social workers and nursing staff.
- A degree from a local university or equivalent;
- A Post-Graduate Certificate in Education or an equivalent qualification acceptable to the Permanent Secretary of EDB;
- Special education training recognized by the Permanent Secretary of EDB is a must;
- PGM or at least three years of acceptable secondary school experience in the post of SGM in the secondary section of an aided special school with proven ability to take charge of an academic subject or to perform other duties of special responsibility;
- Have undertaken training course(s), including training in secondary school administration / management, specified by or acceptable to the Permanent Secretary of EDB;
- Attain the Certification for Principalship;
- Good command of both Chinese and English;
- Sound knowledge of school administration and experience in bringing forth improvement, innovation and long term strategic development of the schools.
Applicants should send their application together with full resume and a personal statement of their vision, aspiration, service positioning and development plan for the Special Education to Hong Kong Red Cross Special Education and Rehabilitation Service Department, 9/F., Hong Kong Red Cross Headquarters, 19 Hoi Ting Road, West Kowloon, Hong Kong for the attention of the Principal Selection Committee on or before 22 January 2021. Please mark CONFIDENTIAL on the envelope.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with Hong Kong Red Cross data protection policy for recruitment purposes only. Applicants not contacted within 4 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful and all related information will be kept on our files up to a period of 6 months.