Senior Programme Coordinator
Job Purpose :
This position is to oversee and coordinate the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of post-disaster recovery, as well as disaster risk reduction and community resilience programmes, with a focus in both rural and urban communities in Mainland China. The Senior Programme Coordinator has to lead strategic planning and system building within Recovery and Community Resilience Team(s). S/he should also assist Head of International & Relief Service and Deputy Head of International & Relief Service on departmental management and development duties.
Key Responsibilities :
- Assist the Head and Deputy Head of International & Relief Service in the formulation of policies and operational plans for the fulfillment of the agency's policies in the Department.
- Supervise a team to manage and monitor the implementation of the Community-based Disaster Risk Reduction (CBDRR) and Urban Disaster Risk Reduction (UDRR) programmes in Mainland China in compliance to HKRC's requirements, formats and standards.
- Build the capacity of designated local partners in project management and implementation through training and facilitation.
- Facilitate the establishment of Urban Disaster Risk Reduction (UDRR) programme model including develop of manuals, guidelines, training curriculums and toolkits.
- Coordinate with National Headquarters of Red Cross Society of China (RCSC NHQ), International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) and other concerned parties working in Mainland China on DRR programme to promote knowledge and experience sharing.
- Assist the supervisor in preparing reports for submission to HKRC governance and/or external parties.
- University Degree Holder, preferably in Development Studies and/or Social Science discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years postgraduate work experience preferably in humanitarian or social service sector, with at least 2 years experience at managerial position.
- Solid experience in working in Mainland China, and on community based disaster risk reduction / resilience programmes outside Hong Kong is a definite asset.
- Good knowledge of community engagement approach, urban crisis, and other humanitarian approaches and methodologies.
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese (including Putonghua).
- Sound training skills, good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Self-supported in computing systems.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, independent, able to work in a multi-disciplinary team and under pressure.
- Travel frequently to Mainland China.
Contract Period : 1 year (contract renewable)
Please send application together with full curriculum vitae and expected salary to the Head of Human Resources, 9/F, Hong Kong Red Cross Headquarters, 19 Hoi Ting Road, West Kowloon or email to email@example.com on or before 14 June 2020.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with Agency's data protection policy for recruitment purposes only. Applicants not contacted within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and all related information will be kept on our files up to a period of 6 months.