Social Worker (One full time post) (EOL-SW202001)
Hong Kong Association of Gerontology is providing comprehensive training and supporting programs, aiming to improve the quality of care for elderly people living in residential care homes and in community home settings. From 2016 onwards, the Association has been sponsored by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, to conduct a 6-year project, i.e. "JCECC: End-of-Life Care in Residential Care Homes for the Elderly". We are now recruiting dedicated and experienced professionals to join us in this project, so as to improve the quality of End-of-Life / Palliative Care for elderly residents in aged homes.
Job Description :
- To work with the Project Leader to support the management team of the Residential Care Homes for the Elderly (RCHEs) and the related social work of the participating RCHEs;
- To work with the nurse care manager to support the designed RCHEs throughout the End-of-Life care process;
- To collaborate with the social workers of RCHEs and to provide psycho-social support throughout the care process;
- To provide psycho-social support to residents and family members together with RCHEs' staff and team members throughout the care process;
- To arrange family meetings and interview for advance care planning and discussion of the End-of-life decision; and
- To provide educational talks / groups to raise End-of-Life care awareness in RCHEs and for the public.
- Registered Social Worker with minimum 5 years of clinical experience, preferable with 3 years or more in elderly residential settings;
- Degree holder or above and major in social work is preferred;
- With managerial and supervisory experience, End-of-Life / Palliative care, and training / coaching experience would be beneficial;
- Good communication skill with commitment to team work; and
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
For more details, please visit our website : http://www.hkag.org
Please send your resume with expected salary to : Executive Director, Hong Kong Association of Gerontology at email@example.com
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.