Information Technology Officer
The Independent Police Complaints Council (IPCC) is an independent body established under the IPCC Ordinance (Cap. 604). Its main functions are to observe, monitor and review the handling and investigation of reportable complaints by the Police and to make recommendations in respect of the handling or investigation of such complaints.
Applications are now invited for the above position.
Basic salary HK$31,685 per month
Entry Requirements :
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent;
- Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE), or equivalent;
- At least 4 years' post-qualification related experience in user support, server administration, IT project implementation, maintenance, documentation and user training;
- Solid experience in Microsoft Windows, Hyper-V, VMware, Backup and antivirus software;
- Knowledge in Microsoft Server, Networking & Firewall with industrial certifications, e.g. CCNA, MCSE, etc. will be an advantage;
- Able to work independently and as a team player; and
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Responsible for the operation of various systems and servers, including troubleshooting, technical support, user training and system maintenance services;
- Assist in formulating IT solutions to improve business operation and in the implementation of IT projects;
- Update and maintain the websites and portals;
- Liaise with the vendor on the IT project, maintenance and upgrading of computer systems;
- Perform related administration duties, such as drafting technical / user manual, maintaining IT inventory, procurement and tender invitation; and
- Any other duties as assigned by senior officers.
Remuneration and Benefits :
In addition to basic salary, a monthly cash allowance of 5% of the basic salary is payable. Other fringe benefits include paid leave and medical and dental insurance. The appointment will normally be on contract terms for 2 years. Upon satisfactory completion of contract, the appointee will receive a gratuity (which includes the employer's contribution to a Mandatory Provident Fund scheme) at 10% of the total basic salary received during the contract period.
Application forms are available from the IPCC website http://www.ipcc.gov.hk . Completed forms should be sent to Human Resources Unit, Independent Police Complaints Council, Rooms 1006-10, 10/F, China Resources Building, 26 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong on or before 20 January 2020 with the position applied for clearly marked on the envelope. Late applications will not be considered. Candidates should attach photocopies of the certificates of academic and professional qualifications and curriculum vitae to the application form. Alternatively, candidates may submit completed application forms and the required documents via e-mail to email@example.com by the aforesaid closing date. All personal data provided will be treated in the strictest confidence. Candidates who are not invited for interview within 8 weeks from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful.
IPCC is an Equal Opportunities Employer.