Term Teaching Associate / Instructor (Finance and Cost Control)
VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council (VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of some 200,000 young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
Hotel and Tourism Institute / Chinese Culinary Institute /
International Culinary Institute
Major Duties :
To (a) organize, develop and conduct teaching in Mathematics Theories, Financial Management and Food and Beverage Cost Control; (b) assist in preparing, monitoring and analyzing financial estimates of Training Restaurants and the T Hotel; (c) maintain training related records and assist in curriculum development; and (d) assist in planning, commission, installation and maintenance of equipment and facilities of the section.
(a)(i) A relevant recognized degree in the discipline of Accounting, Hotel and/or Catering Management, Business Management or equivalent; OR (ii) A relevant recognized higher diploma in the discipline of Accounting, Hotel and/or Catering Management, Business Management or equivalent, and at least 3 years' work or teaching experience in relevant industry; (b) Good communication and presentation skills in both English and Chinese, preferably with knowledge of Putonghua; (c) Preferably with knowledge of Food & Beverage Point-of-Sales System, Materials Control System and Fidelio Opera System; (d) Good knowledge of basic computer applications; and (e) Ability to pass a trade test.
- The post is in the rank of "Teaching Associate" or "Instructor".
- Candidates without the required academic qualification stated in Requirements (a) above but possessing 8 years' work or teaching experience in the relevant industry may also apply. Where applicable, these candidates may be required to have a Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 3 qualification.
- The appointee may be required to perform duties outside normal office hours and in designated places as assigned.
- In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
- Application forms [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)] are available from : (i) G/F., VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong; or (ii) the website http://www.vtc.edu.hk/html/en/career.html
- A completed application form, together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to: Officer, Hotel and Tourism Institute / Chinese Culinary Institute / International Culinary Institute, 7/F, VTC Pokfulam Complex, 145 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Closing date for application : 1 June 2019
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their a1pplications unsuccessful. The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.