Pilot Project on Holistic Support for Elderly Mental Health Funded by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust (Working Location : Kwai Chung) Social Worker
New Life Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association was established in 1965 and is dedicated to recovery-oriented, people-focused and evidence-based community mental health service development. The Association operates over 70 service units and projects to render residential services, employment and vocational training, community support for 15,000 people in recovery of mental illness and their families, as well as 43,000 people in the general public in mental health education annually. To promote social inclusion and support self-reliance of people in recovery, the Association has established social enterprises in various businesses with a total of 22 projects operating currently. It also specializes in mental health promotion and prevention, research, professional training and development.
Please visit https://www.nlpra.org.hk/ for additional information.
- To develop, implement and provide feedback on the elderly mental wellness project within the district;
- To manage a team of certified Peer Supporters in providing outreach / engagement services;
- To assist in training the Peer Supporters; and
- To develop and provide community education, treatment groups and individual / family counselling services.
- A recognized University degree in Social Work or related disciplines;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in community-based mental health services;
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese;
- Resourceful and with good communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Self-motivated, creative, able to work independently and under pressure.
Applicants are invited to forward a cover letter and a resume to the Human Resources Department, New Life Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association, 332 Nam Cheong Street, Kowloon by post, by fax 3552 5398 or by email email@example.com . Applicants who are not contacted within 2 months should consider their applications filed for future reference.
Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for recruitment purpose and will be destroyed upon completion of recruitment exercise. Prospective employees are requested to undergo Sexual Conviction Record Check.