Director of Fundraising
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty!
Our client Oxfam Hong Kong, is an independent international development and humanitarian non-profit organization working to alleviate poverty and related injustice. Envisioning a world free of poverty where women and men enjoy well-being and rights, they work with partner organizations on development, humanitarian, policy advocacy, public education, and international development programmes with a strong focus in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Oxfam Hong Kong, a member of the international confederation Oxfam, currently seeks a Director of Operations and a Director of Fundraising to support this endeavor.
- Lead, supervise and manage 30+ fundraising professionals in appeals and events teams
- Develop effective and innovative income development strategy and implementation plan to achieve the agency's goals
- Explore & identify new fundraising opportunities; strengthen the organization's fundraising channels, partnerships and effectiveness
- Establish & upkeep of standards, protocols and performance of the organization's fundraising as best practices in the INGO sector
- Develop & maintain good networking with partners, media and counterparts (including corporates) for campaigning, development, humanitarian and fundraising work
- Represent Oxfam Hong Kong in various meetings and public events
- A degree in Marketing, Communications or other relevant disciplines, with at least 15 years' relevant experience of which a minimum of 8 years is in the managerial grade.
- Experience in fundraising and communications for non-profit organizations and INGOs in Hong Kong and preferably the Greater China region
- Solid experience in formulating fundraising policies and strategic plans
- Good knowledge of and networks in different sectors. Strong leadership, interpersonal and management skills and be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent command of English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua)
Both position are based in Hong Kong with local employment terms.
Please submit your CV to Mr. Jack Hui at firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting reference OHK-DFO/JH or you can call +852 3106 2837 for more information. The closing date for application is 6 January 2019.
All Oxfam work is led by three core values : Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please visit https://www.oxfam.org/en/explore/how-oxfam-fights-poverty . Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Data collected will be used for job application processing only.