Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty!
Our client, Oxfam Hong Kong, is an independent international development and humanitarian non-profit organization working to alleviate poverty and related injustice. Envisioning a world free of poverty where women and men enjoy well-being and rights, they work with partner organizations on development, humanitarian, policy advocacy, public education, and international development programmes with a strong focus in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Oxfam Hong Kong, a member of the international confederation Oxfam, currently seeks a Director General to lead this endeavor.
- Drive and coordinate the setting of policies, plans and budgets for Oxfam Hong Kong (OHK), and oversee their successful implementation
- Report to the OHK Council and the Executive Committee (ExCo) and consult regularly with the Chair on important developments and major management decisions
- Support the effective functioning of governance structures, ensuring that the governing body and senior management team (SMT) work well together. Develop organizational and managerial structures, policies and capacities for continuous improvement in the quality and professionalism of all operations
- Lead the SMT and staff in implementing all aspects of policies, plans, strategies and deliver results in line with the mission and vision of OHK, in an effective and efficient manner
- Represent OHK at meetings of Oxfam International, share OHK's work and activities with other affiliates and uphold and safeguard OHK's position and interest at such meetings
- To oversee and steer the fundraising activities of OHK as well as upholding the values and principles of OHK and ensure the integrity of the organization
- Clear commitment to the mission and values of OHK with intimate knowledge of the development context and ways of working in China and with good understanding of global development issues, the trends and causes of poverty, the growing challenges of humanitarian and environmental crises. Proficiency in both Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua) and English is essential
- Rich management experience especially in leading change and growth in organization. Demonstrated ability in engaging staff in participatory decision making, creative problem solving and managing competing priorities
- A university degree with skills of working with diverse stakeholders, and creating platforms of cooperation, building partnerships and alliances
This position is based in Hong Kong with local employment terms.
Please submit your CV to Mr. Jack Hui at firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting reference OHK-DG/JH or you can call +852 3106 2837 for more information. The closing date for application is 16 December 2018.
All Oxfam work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please visit https://www.oxfam.org/en/explore/how-oxfam-fights-poverty . Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Data collected will be used for job application processing only.