Social Worker II (Project based - End-of-Life / Palliative Care)
香港老年學學院 - 和富老年學訓練中心
Hong Kong Institute of Gerontology - Wofoo Training Centre of Gerontology
Residential Aged Care Accreditation Scheme
Hong Kong Association of Gerontology is providing comprehensive training and supporting programs, aiming to improve the quality of care for elderly people living in residential care homes and in community home settings. From 2016 onwards, the Association has been sponsored by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, to conduct a 3-years project namely "JCECC : End-of-life Care in Residential Care Homes for The Elderly". We are now recruiting dedicated and experienced professionals to join us in this project, so as to improve the quality of End-of-life / Palliative Care for elderly residents in aged homes.
Job Description :
- To work with Project leader to support RCHEs management team and social works of the participating RCHEs;
- To work with nurse case manager to support designated RCHEs throughout the End-of-Life care process;
- To collaborate with social workers of RCHEs and to provide psycho-social support throughout the care process;
- To provide psycho-social support to residents and family members together with RCHEs' staff and team members throughout the care process;
- To arrange family meetings and interview for advance care planning and discussion of end of life decision; and
- To provide educational talks / groups to raise End-of-Life care awareness in RCHEs and Public.
- Registered Social Worker with minimum 5 years clinical experience, preferable with 3 years or more in elderly residential settings;
- Preferable to be Degree holder or above, major in Social Work;
- With managerial & supervisory experience, End-of-Life / Palliative care, and training / coaching experience would be beneficial;
- Good communication skill and commitment to team work;
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
For more details about the related project, please visit our website : http://www.hkag.org
Please send your resume with expected salary to : The Executive Director, Hong Kong Association of Gerontology at firstname.lastname@example.org
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.