Adventure-Ship is a registered non-profit charitable organization. We operate a 34.5 metres Chinese sailing junk, named 'Jockey Club Huan', and provide adventure-based nautical training for young people in Hong Kong through the challenges of life at sea. We are looking for a suitably qualified person with the commitment to work for youngsters, including those with special needs. The appointee will be responsible for developing and running the shore-based reinforcement training program for Adventure-Ship.
Applicants should possess the following qualifications :
- possess a diploma / university degree in Social Work / Education / Special Education / Psychology or equivalent
- experience in working with children and youths with special needs
- independent, motivated, good communication skills and a passion for working with the disadvantaged groups
- proficiency in spoken / written Chinese and English
- computer literate
- knowledge and experience in adventure-based training will be an advantage
Appointment will be on renewable contract terms. Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send application with CV and expected salary to the General Secretary of Adventure-Ship at 200 Shum Wan Road, Aberdeen, Hong Kong ( website : http://www.adventureship.org.hk ) on or before November 23, 2018.
Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be kept strictly confidential and will be used solely for employment related purposes.