Senior Project Officer (Social Worker)
Wholly owned by Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui Welfare Council Limited
HKSKH Lady MacLehose Centre is launching an elderly mental wellness project in collaboration with The University of Hong Kong (HKU) and other NGO partners in community elderly services / mental health. The project is funded by the Hong Kong Jockey Club for three years. It aims at developing a viable and sustainable best practice model to promote elderly mental wellness and prevent elderly depression in Hong Kong. Applications are invited for appointment as Senior Project Officer in Elderly Mental Health.
Post Code : DECC- SPO
- The appointee is expected to work closely with a small local team of Social Workers in Elderly Mental Health to develop, oversee, and implement the project within the district, and to communicate with a central project team across districts.
- Upon appointment the appointee will receive professional training (theory and skills lab) plus continued on-the-job training and clinical supervision offered by HKU.
- The appointee is expected to manage a team of part-time certified Peer Supporters in providing outreach/engagement services; to assist in training Peer Supporters (practicum); to develop and provide community. education, treatment groups and individual / family counselling services; and liaise with stakeholders in the local community.
- Registered Social Worker.
- Bachelor degree or above in social work or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years of working experience in elderly services and/or mental health services.
- Proficient in written and oral communication with Cantonese, English and Putonghua.
- Applicants with rich experience in community eldercare and/or mental health services for older adults will be preferentially considered.
Salary : depends on qualifications and experiences
Interested parties may apply with resume and expected salary to Director at HKSKH Lady MacLehose Centre, 22 Wo Yi Hop Road, Kwai Chung or firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the post code on the envelope).
All information provided will only be used for recruitment related purpose.