Deputy Secretary General (Management)
Hong Kong Red Cross is part of the world's largest humanitarian network and dedicates itself to protect human life, care for the health of the vulnerable, and respect human dignity by mobilizing people to serve voluntarily for the cause of humanity. Its services include blood transfusion service, disaster relief and preparedness, first aid and health training, youth and volunteer programmes, psychological support, tracing, special education and rehabilitation services, etc.
The incumbent is a key member of the Agency's senior management team headed by the Secretary General, and also the principal controller for major corporate management functions in support of the delivery of Red Cross services to its recipients and the public.
Key Responsibilities :
- Leads strategic directions and formulates policies of the corporate management functions (including general administration, facility / building management, human recourses, finance and information technology), volunteer development and the Special Education and Rehabilitation Services; and provides strategic guidance to the relevant functions' heads
- Coordinates and provides support to the Head of Internal Audit which reports to the Audit Committee directly
- Oversees the overall performance of the assigned corporate management functions, and sets standards and policies to ensure a high quality service; evaluate effectiveness and monitor compliance
- Ensures alignment of all management support policies and practices with the Agency's direction, values and service development needs
- Leads changes and initiates innovative thinking in corporate management functions
- Supports the Secretary General on board management, and to take charge of agency campaign as assigned
- Partners with related committees and panels to ensure the quality of governance in their respective functions
- Supports the Secretary General in promoting Vision, Mission and Values of the Hong Kong Red Cross and enhancing a positive corporate Agency image
- Genuine commitment to human services
- A good university degree, preferably an advanced degree plus formal management training
- Minimum 15 years post-graduation working experience, in which at least 8 years should be at senior management level, preferrably related to cross-discipline coordination. Understanding of NGO operations and working with volunteers a definite asset
- Multi-talented, strategic-minded, good management insights, excellent conceptual and analytical ability
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal and negotiating skills, and mature personality
- Proved records in business planning, administration, human resources, finance management, as well as committee work, etc.
- Substantial people management skills and experience including experience of recruiting and developing high performing and diverse teams; and, of managing and supporting change
- Excellent communication skills and command of both written and oral English, Chinese / Cantonese / Putonghua a must
Please send application together with full curriculum vitae and expected salary to Secretary General, 9/F, Hong Kong Red Cross Headquarters, 19 Hoi Ting Road, West Kowloon, Hong Kong or email to email@example.com on or before 19 October 2018.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with Agency's data protection policy for recruitment purposes only. Applicants not contacted within 4 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful and all related information will be kept for not more than 6 months in accordance to the organization's HR Policy.