Executive Director (ED)
Health In Action (HIA) is NGO with the vision to eliminate health inequity in societies. Our team comprises of multidisciplinary healthcare professionals and we aspire to drive social change on health policies through cycles of service, research and advocacy.
Hierarchically accountable to Health In Action Board
Functionally report to Chairman, Health In Action (HIA)
Work Location: HONG KONG
Job Purpose and principal responsibilities
Position Summary :
The Executive Director is responsible for leading HIA in accomplishing its social mission on 1) promoting health equity in HK, 2) advocating the concepts of integrating social determinants of health into all public policies, and 3) empowering public to regain health ownership.
Academic Requirements :
University degree in Public Health, Social Science, Political Science, International Relations, Business Administration, or related fields.
Knowledge, Competence, Skills & Experience Requirements :
- Minimum 10 years of working experience, with at least 5 years of NGO experiences
- Significant senior managerial experience, including managing staff and projects, involve in developing and implementing strategic plans, and organization management
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian and social issues in Hong Kong
- Evidence of experience in and knowledge on campaigning for social change, good at adocating on policy related issues
- Excellent communication (oral and written) in Chinese and English, good public speaking skills and interpersonal skills
Other Required :
- Charming, empathetic, organized person
- Good at utilization of social media
- Public health background will be advantage
- Fundraising experiences is added value
Application Deadline : 2018/10/22
Please send your application with expected salary to Room A15, 14/F, Wing Cheung Industrial Building, 58-70 Kwai Cheong Road, Kwai Chung, N.T., Hong Kong or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.