The Employees Compensation Assistance Fund Board is a statutory body established under the Employees Compensation Assistance Ordinance (Cap. 365) to administer the Employees Compensation Assistance Scheme for the protection of the entitlement of employees and others to compensation/damages for employment-related injuries. We are now inviting a high calibre professional to join us for the position of Legal Executive.
Key Responsibilities :
Reporting to the Legal Advisor / Administration & Finance Manager -
- to draft various documents for making enquiries from litigants and related persons about work injury claims and related insurance matters;
- to gather and examine relevant documents in monitoring potential applications as well as in processing applications for assistance from the Fund;
- to collect surcharges from employers who contravened the statutory requirement in failing to take out employees' compensation insurance policies; and
- to prepare legal reports and provide administrative support in case processing.
Applicants should -
- possess a degree, preferably in law or a related discipline;
- have at least 6 years' working experience with 2 years in handling employees' compensation / personal injury cases or civil litigation;
- possess excellent command of written and spoken Chinese and English;
- have good knowledge in MS Office applications and Chinese word processing, with knowledge of Access and Excel an advantage.
- Successful applicant will be appointed on contract terms for a period of 2 years. Attractive remuneration package including salary, medical benefits and end-of-contract gratuity will be offered.
Interested persons should send an application letter by mail together with a detailed resume stating their current and expected monthly salary and the earliest date available for assuming duty to the Executive Director, Employees Compensation Assistance Fund Board at Rooms 1903-04, 19/F Shanghai Industrial Investment Building, 48-62 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong on or before 24 October 2018. Please mark "Application for Legal Executive" on the envelope. Applicants who are not invited for interview within 2 months from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful.
All information provided to us will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment related purposes only.