A groundbreaking social innovation campaign, "Tuen Mun District Council Yan Oi Tong Youth Space" was launched in 2017 till 2025. This campaign provides the youth in Tuen Mun extensive trainings in personal development and entrepreneurship skills; thus they will explore startup opportunities to serve the district community.
To cope with this expansion, YOT is going to employ a Communications Officer to join this campaign. This position will be a 1-year contract that the contract will be renewed every financial year.
Ref : SPSTM/CO0907/180913
Job Responsibilities :
- Devise and implement creative integrated communications strategies and tactics to enhance the campaign image
- Identify distinguished stories and new angles and explore cost-effective publicity means to maximize the awareness of the campaign
- Cultivate media and stakeholders' relations and organize PR initiatives not limited to press briefing, press / stakeholders' tour, media pitch and any promotional events
- Undertake and coordinate production of any communications materials including management speech, press release, line to take, campaign collaterals, audio / visual tools, social media contents, etc.
- Handle crisis management issues
- To perform any other ad hoc as assigned by management
- Degree holder or above in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related disciplines
- Minimum 1 years' relevant experience in corporate communications and event management or working experience in NGOs is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proficient in both spoken and written English and Chinese (Both Cantonese & Mandarin)
- An excellent team player, self-motivated, innovative, energetic and presentable
- Able to work under pressure, tight deadlines and at a fast-pace and dynamic environment with an uncompromising commitment to quality
- Willing to work in irregular hours
Interested parties please send your application indicating date of availability, latest and expected salary to the Human Resources Department, 7/F., Yan Oi Tong Jockey Club Community and Sports Centre, 18 Kai Man Path, Tuen Mun, N.T. or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates not notified within six weeks should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Information collected will be treated strictly confidential and only be used for recruitment related purposes.
For more information about Yan Oi Tong, please visit our website : http://www.yot.org.hk