VIBRANT AND VITAL VTC
Vocational Training Council(VTC), established in 1982, has always been at the forefront of vocational and professional education and training (VPET). As a statutory body, we exist within Hong Kong education system to ensure the skills of the Hong Kong workforce remain fresh and future ready. Our mandate to provide VPET is vital in meeting industry needs, and in fulfilling the aspirations of the quarter of a million young people and in-service workers who attend a programme every year at one of our 13 member institutions. Join us if you share our mission.
Wofoo Foundation Dr Joseph Lee Whole Person Development Education Centre
Ref : C/SD/I(WPDEC)/08/18-AP1
Major Duties :
To (a) deliver and perform teaching duties for the Structured Whole Person Development (SWPD) Programmes, corporate training, Educational Day Camps, In-service Programmes, Adventure-based Education and Experiential Learning Programme activities to both students and adults; (b) provide support in programme development and operations including student assessment, operating and maintaining training facilities and equipment to support teaching and learning; (c) perform duties in relation to student administration including student admission and records, related training records, and other student activities; (d) carry out duties in relation to coordination, promotion and administrative work for different training programmes; (e) prepare and update training guides / materials and safety instructions; (f) implement quality assurance policies and maintain safety control measures during training; and (g) maintain and enhance networks with the industry and related associations.
(a) A recognized higher diploma in a relevant field, preferably in experiential learning / outdoor adventure training / social work / sports and recreation training, or equivalent; (b) At least 3 years' work or teaching experience in the relevant industry; (c) Professional qualification / certificate on both Low and High events issued by recognized associations; (d) Valid first-aid certificate; (e) The ability to pass a trade test; (f) Good knowledge of basic computer applications; (g) Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese, preferably with knowledge in Putonghua; (h) Ability to work independently, demonstrate a sense of responsibility and be a good team player; and (i) Other relevant professional qualification / certificate such as sport climbing and mountain craft coaching would be an advantage.
- Candidates without the required academic qualification stated in the Requirements (a) above but possessing 8 years' work or teaching experience in the relevant industry may also apply. Where applicable, these candidates may be required to have a Qualifications Framework (QF) Level 3 qualification.
- The appointee may be required to perform duties outside normal office hours.
- In support of the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) Scheme launched by the Hong Kong Police Force, all prospective appointees will be requested to undergo the SCRC at the advanced stage of the employment process.
- Applicants who have responded to the advertisement in June 2018 need not re-apply.
- Application forms [VTC-1 (Rev. 1/2018)] are available from: (i) G/F., VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong; or (ii) the website http://www.vtc.edu.hk/html/en/career.html
- A completed application form, together with a full curriculum vitae, should be sent to Human Resources Division, 18/F, VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
Closing date for application : 21 September 2018
Applicants not invited for interview within 10 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed 12 months after the completion of the recruitment exercise.